Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Frustrated

Did you ever get so frustrated that you are ready to just give up?

Of course we all have.  That is how I am feeling now.

The studio?  The studio is going great.  We are completely booked most weekends, I have amazing people coming in to take lessons, I have a wonderful employee, and life is good.

I definitely understand protocol.  I am the queen of protocol.  Organization, order, control - those are happy words in my book.

The problem is that when you go to the ends of the earth to follow someones protocol, that isn't made 100% clear to you.  You are being set up to fail.  Failure is not a happy word, honestly it is a word unknown to me.  I don't ever "fail".  I don't succeed at that point in time, I get back up, and I do it even better the next time.

How many times do you work to get back up, before you switch your focus to a slightly less appealing goal? A new goal, with an equal end profit.

These are the questions of my day.

I have moved to this town, and I have fallen in love with it.  It is heartbreaking to find out that your new home, that you care about so much, don't really care about its effect on you.  All of our hard work, all of the wonderful things that we have done.  We are just one on a list, to be pushed aside until next time.  I'm not asking for special treatment, I am simply asking for time and understanding.  Look at what we have planned.
Please, physically come and look.  Ask us questions, while you can actually see the space. Think about what we have brought to this town, and think of how much more we could bring. Pushing us aside is only hurting us, and making us weak.

Can't you see that?  Don't you care?

Who am I talking to?  You of course, because you're the only one reading this.

I will leave you with one question:

Can Tina wear Sue's red shirt?





No comments:

Post a Comment