Monday, November 10, 2014

Happy Life, Sad Heart

Everything at the shop is going very well, it is a peaceful bubble of happiness.  Outside of the shop, the world has been very cruel.

I may have mentioned in one of my previous posts that I bought a house.  My parents are very trusting and supportive of my ambitions.  They heard my arguments about the costs of living in an apartment alone vs with roommates.  They also saw my point about the reasonable potential mortgage costs on the amazing houses selling in our area for cheap.

I did my research, following houses for sale online for a year or two.  After a few broken hearts, I found this amazing house that just needed a little love.  My mom and Jim, being the people that they are, walked me through the buying of my first house, including cosigning with their trust in me.

So - I have two amazing roommates (Boarders), Nick & Nick.  Nick & Nick grew up together, families very much intertwined.  They are both 25 years old, long-time chefs at super local restaurants, extremely hard-working, respectful, and CLEAN.  I did it, I found CLEAN BOY ROOMMATES.  I know, I know.

I am the luckiest lady in the world - not only do I have an amazing actual family but I also have an amazing friend family.  AND they all get along, like FAMILY!

Right now, my family is hurting.  Nick's brother was killed in a car accident.  One of those terrible, terrible, wrong place at the absolute wrong time accidents.

It is not my place to give more details, or to accept any condolences.  I am simply grieving for my grieving friends.  Our warm and happy home is a place of heavy hearts.

I can hide away in my studio and forget what is happening in the world around me.  I can forget why my hurting friends are so important to me, how much I love them.  It really hurts to love people.

But when we are home and all together, we can sometimes forget about why we are sad for just a minute.  We can laugh together, we will get through this together.  We can get through anything together.

1 comment: