Thursday, September 19, 2013

Jaffrey

I will blame the couple day lapse in my blogging to productivity.


I would now like to discuss how much I love our new community.  It is great to feel proud of the place I both live and work.  There is nothing more satisfying.  

I grew up 20 minutes away from here with "Massholes".  Immediately upon driving over the boarder into New Hampshire the attitude changes.  

Imagine walking down the sidewalk and having someone stop every time you simply glace at a crosswalk.  WHAT!

My first time trying to pull out of a parking spot in downtown Keene, someone let me go!! 

I just couldn't understand it!

After being transplanted here, I have finally found that there is hope for this cruel world.  There are individuals in this community that actually care about you.  People that actually want to help, without the sole purpose of benefiting themselves.  Seeing the bigger picture, we can all be successful together.

Free time is nonexistent to me, especially with a new/very old house and a brand new business.  Of course I am the type of person that isn't satisfied without completely overbooking my time and working myself into the ground.  

With this in mind, you can understand why I joined TEAM Jaffrey.  I had high hopes for this organization, having an opportunity to be directly involved in community activities.  My mindset was; if it isn't what I expected, its only three year commitment.  I enjoy all time I spend working my house and on my business, if meetings and events are the only drudgery work I do in my young life, it won't kill me.

I love it.  I am at loss for words to truly express how proud I am to be a part of an organization with such an amazing purpose.  

I promise to tell you a little about the upcoming ideas and events TEAM Jaffrey has in mind.  NEXT TIME on "Behind the Scenes at Terrapin Glass" - from the viewpoint of Dom... duh duh duh



Well, I promise to write more often.  I also promise that I won't have to make this promise again.  

I will reach out and see if we can get Jim on here as well.  Give us some words of wisdom Jim!

No comments:

Post a Comment