Wednesday, October 23, 2013

End of Pumpkin Season (?)

It isn't Halloween yet, and it is time for our pumpkin season to end.  Our pumpkin making can't come to an abrupt close, but we will certainly be dwindling down.  Why am I in such a hurry you might ask?  It is time to prepare for the holiday season.  Our shelves are barren from simply making to many pumpkins!

Keene Pumpkin Fest was a big hit.  They even broke the record!  Sadly, we couldn't hear much of what was going on, the speakers were very fuzzy around us.  I didn't find out we got the record until we got home!

Man, that was a crazy day.  I'm not sure what was worse, getting in, or getting out!  I swear I'm still recuperating from all the stress that comes with taking on a vendor spot in an event that huge.  A month of preparation, hoping that we will be successful.  Putting all of our cards out on the table.  Spending hours and hours of work, paying for the propane, the supplies, and the labor.  Paying for the booth.  Paying for the labor to get everything out there, and to have enough hands on deck for the crowds of people going by.

Wow.

Breathe Dom.  It's over.  We did great.  PHEW.

For such a small business, with such huge overhead expenses, to put ourselves out there like that, eeek!

But its OK, its over & we did great!

I'm not sure if I am looking forward to next year or not?!?  Catch me after another hot & slow summer, I will be jumping for joy to be this busy and hectic again!

Guess what time it is now????  Christmas ornaments.  Snowmen.  I am now planning on doing two "Blow Your Own Ornament" dates.  The Saturday after Thanksgiving, and Saturday December 14th.  December 14th will also double as our TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTY/Holiday Sale.  TWO YEARS.  TWO YEARS.

OK Dom.  No more resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment