Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I'm Back & It's October!

I can't believe it is already October.

Then I think of how many pumpkins we have made - I can't believe it is only October 1st.

This is our second fall season with the shop being open and WOW it is busy.  IT FEELS AMAZING.  Our busy season has begun, full steam ahead, next stop - December 25th.  Literally, just keep working.

I tried to begin my pumpkin making extravaganza in August.  Sadly my boxer puppy had other ideas and wanted to, well, box mom!  7 Weeks and Two Days Later, here I am!  My doctor finally gave me leave to "continue whatever I've been doing" and I don't have to go back to Tufts in Boston for three whole months.  What have I been doing?  Working my butt off!  Sure, I will continue on!  No eating apples, or other hard foods.  I have still not endeavored to eat chips, sadly nachos have not been checked off my list of thing that I want to eat soo badly.   Pizza? Oh yes.  Pizza & I have become well acquainted once more.  Minus the sad part in which I usually have to take a nap after exhausting myself while eating.

Back to pumpkins.  We have been KILLING IT.  This year we are making three sized pumpkins.  Large for $45, Medium for $35, and Small going for $5-$18.  Everybody loves the small pumpkins. SCORE FOR US.  We have been so lucky to have so many local places within our community offering to sell our pumpkins.  Like I said, it is only October 1st, and we are very pleased with the amazing support.

Thanks out to J.P. Stephens, Sunflowers, Benjamin Prescott Inn, Inn at Tartan Fox, TD Bank, Peoples Bank, Our Town Pizza, Terrapin Traders AND Hannah Grimes Center for being wonderful carriers of this years pumpkins.

Upcoming events:
Cheshire Craftsmen Fair this weekend in Keene
Monadnock Arts Tour & Wool Arts Tour next weekend October 12 & 13
Then we are in preparation for PUMPKINFEST!

Big thanks out to everyone who showed up at Gardner Ale House's Oktoberfest. AMAZING.  You are all amazing.  We feel the love <3.

Time to charge the furnace for tomorrows work ... guess what it is????

PUMPKINNNNNS


p.s. Here are some photos of my walk in the woods today with the woofs.  We love New Hampshire.





No comments:

Post a Comment