Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Fall Season is Falling Behind Us

Two days until Keene Pumpkinfest.  Our official pumpkin season is almost over.  Wow.  Time to take a minute to sit down and contemplate how amazing these past two months were.

OK.  No more break time, get back up and prepare for Christmas season!

Seriously.

After a slow summer, and my everlasting jaw injury.  Life is looking pretty amazing.  Busy is great.

As I type right now I am multitasking like a maniac.  I am sitting in the studio, on the computer, waiting for my job title as "Stem Connector" to come into effect.  Notice: I am sitting in the studio and it is a comfortable temperature.  WOW.  Summer has surely gone.  I love summer and HATE the cold.  Benefit to being a glassblower: its always warm at work! (hot)

So behind me everyone is working.  Mini pumpkins galore.  Josh's job title for the day is "Pumpkin Machine".  He takes a big orange bubble, drops it in a mold, and cuts off 5, 6, 7 or even more pumpkins off that one "stock".

Haley's title is "Stemminator".  She has a green chunk of solid glass and constantly works to keep it hot and nicely shaped.

I simply connect the two together.

Voila!  Mini pumpkins!

The buzzer beeped.  We have customers!  Time for continued multitasking.

Later we will have New Hampshire Small Business Magazine in to take photos for an article on us!





Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment